By using our Service, you are confirming that you understand English well enough to understand this Policy.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect different types of information from you depending on how you use our Service, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. The categories of Personal Information we may collect are listed below. Certain types of Personal Information may fall under more than one category.
• Identifiers: We may collect your first and last name, email address, username, social media usernames, mailing address, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, software, hardware, and device identifiers, and online identifiers.
• Commercial information: We may collect your payment information and transaction history (e.g., your subscriptions).
• Internet or other similar network activity: We may collect information about your interaction with the Service (e.g., your internet service provider, referral pages, the content you view on the Service, the dates you access that content, and the length of time you view that content).
• Sensory data: We may collect your voice, appearance, likeness, video, profile picture, and other images you upload to the Service or share from your social media platforms.
• Categories of personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Customer Records: We may collect your first and last name, signature, physical characteristics, mailing address, telephone number, bank account information, credit or debit card number, or other financial information provided.
• Other categories: We may collect information from the content that you share publicly in the Service through its public functions (e.g., your biographical information, the links you share on the Service to your personal website(s), your comments, posts, and reviews on the Service’s forum, blog, Course review, and other social media pages) or share with us through direct communications. We may also collect your friends and contacts list through your social media platforms.
We may also collect information that does not generally identify you but may become associated with your account. We may use information that does not identify you for any permissible business purpose under applicable law.
- SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Directly From You
We may collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us directly. For example:
• When you create or update your account, we may collect your name and email address.
• When you purchase a Course or subscription, we may collect your payment information and a record of your transaction history.
• When you use the public functions in the Service such as reviews ,we may collect the information you choose to disclose (e.g., your comments, posts, and reviews on the Service’s Course review sections, and other social media pages).
• When you register or login into the Service using certain third party social media platforms, such as Facebook Connect or Google (each, an “Authentication Service”), we may collect your username, profile picture, age, date of birth, email address, and friends and contacts list.
• When you contact us or report a problem with the Service, we may collect records and copies of your correspondence.
• When you submit a copyright infringement claim, our copyright agent may collect your signature, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
• When you respond to a survey or questionnaire, we may collect the information provided.
Automatically From You
From Third Parties
We may receive your Personal Information from or through third parties that help us provide or facilitate your access to the Service. For example, we may receive your Personal Information from social media platforms, advertising partners, payment processors, and customer support partners.
• If you login to the Service using an Authentication Service or use an image from your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts as your profile picture on the Service, we may collect your account information and profile picture from those social media platforms. To control the settings on the information you share with us through these social media platforms, please refer to the applicable third party Authentication Service.
We collect your Personal Information directly from you, automatically through cookies and other similar technologies, and from third parties such as social media platforms.
If you login through a Facebook account, we can access that info too.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small data file identifiers that are transferred to your computer or mobile web browser that allow us and third parties to recognize your browser or mobile device and transfer information about you and your use of our Service.
Our Cookies and Similar Technologies
Third Party Cookies
Browser Settings and Choices about Cookie
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to restrict cookies or disable them altogether. However, restricting or disabling cookies may prevent you from using some of the features of the Service.
Please note that we do not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal is to be interpreted.
- PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
• To provide or improve the Service – We may use your Personal Information to process your requests to access the Service and to generally provide and improve the Service. For example, we may use your Personal Information to improve a Course.
• To administer the Service – We may use your Personal Information for any lawful business purpose in connection with administering the Service. For example, if you reach out to us with a customer service inquiry, we may use your Personal Information to respond to you or to troubleshoot an issue you reported having with the Service. By way of another example, we may use your Personal Information to collect applicable fees related to the Service.
• To market the Service – We may use your Personal Information to market the Service to you. For example, we may send you news and updates about the Service if you do not opt-out of such communications (described in Section 9 below). By way of another example, we may use your Personal Information to enhance and personalize your shopping experiences and for other promotional purposes.
• In connection with a sale or other transfer of our business – In the event all or some of our assets are sold, assigned, or transferred to or acquired by another company due to merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, your Personal Information may be among the transferred assets.
• As may be described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information that you give us to customize our communications with you and your experience on the Site.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Third Party Service Providers
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party such as a service provider for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract with that service provider that describes the purpose and requires the service provider to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. These service providers include certain advertising partners and our partner network.
We offer you the ability to share your activities on the Service with your friends and other third parties such as through third party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook). If you choose to share information about your activities in this manner, you are permitting us to share such Personal Information with these third parties.
Where permissible by law, we may use certain limited Personal Information about you, such as your email address, hash it, and share it with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook) to drive traffic to our Site or otherwise promote the Service. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in marketing activities related to our Service that may be of interest to you.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To our lawyers, consultants, accountants, business advisors, and similar third parties who owe us duties of confidentiality;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us pertaining to the users of our Service is among the assets transferred;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, such as responding to a government or regulatory request;
• To enforce any contract we may have in effect with you;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others; and
• If you have consented to such a disclosure.
If you want to share something about your HbLive experience on Facebook through us, you give us permission to do that.
- PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Our Retention, Purpose Limitation, and Security Policies
We protect your Personal Information through a combination of collection, security, and retention policies.
• Purpose limitation. We will use your Personal Information only for the Service you choose to access and for the purposes for which you choose to share it. We will respect your requests to start or stop processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as well as the types of marketing messages you may wish to receive.
• In the event of a security breach, no longer than 72 hours after we become aware of such a breach, we will notify the proper regulatory authorities and any affected users of the breach.
- YOUR PRACTICES AND ACTIVITIES
Users should also not pick a password that is easy to guess and should not share their password.
Please remember that we have no control over what third parties do with the content of your communications and have no responsibility or obligation regarding third parties.
We work very hard to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee 100% protection.
- YOUR PREFERENCES AND OPTIONS
Modifying Your Personal Information. You can modify your account information at any time by logging into your account, clicking on “My Account”, and then the “Account Details” in the menu. In addition, you may modify any Personal Information in your user profile at any time. We may keep a copy of the prior version of this information for our records. If you have questions about how to modify or remove your account information, please email us at [email protected]
If you have chosen to connect your HbLive account to a third party social media platform (e.g., Facebook), you may modify permissions by changing your account settings in that third party platform.
Opting-Out of Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive email advertisements, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the opt-out/unsubscribe option contained in each commercial email; or emailing at us at [email protected] Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for the system to fully update your preferences. Opting out of these communications will not impact emails or other communications we send you regarding your use of the Service (orders, policies, updates, etc.).
Deletion of Your Personal Information. Subject to the additional notices provided to EU and California residents in Sections 10 and 11, if you no longer want us to provide the Service to you, you may request that we delete your Personal Information and close your HbLive account. If you request the deletion of your Personal Information: (a) your information will be deleted from our databases; (b) we may retain some of your information as necessary to improve safety and legal compliance such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety (for example, if we suspend a HbLive account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that HbLive account to prevent that user from opening a new HbLive account in the future); (c) we may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with the law (for example, HbLive may keep some of your information for tax, legal, and auditing obligations); and (d) information you have shared with others (e.g., comments made during a Course or on a Course page) may continue to be publicly visible on the Service, even after your HbLive account is deleted.
Withdrawing Your Consent. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your Personal Information by us, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings or by emailing us at [email protected] specifically identifying the consent being withdrawn.
We’ll get social from time to time. You have choices. You can modify your account information and opt-out of emails or communications. We won’t take it personally.
- ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR EU RESIDENTS
The following applies to EU residents pursuant to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation):
Place of Business
When transferring Personal Information out of the EU, we implement technical, organizational, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We use European Commission approved standard contractual clauses and implement related measures required by applicable law. Please contact us if you have questions related to the relevant transfer mechanism for your Personal Information.
We only collect, use, or store your Personal Information if:
• You voluntarily provide it to us with your specific and informed consent;
• It is necessary to provide you a Service that you have requested (for example, providing you access to a Course);
• We have a legitimate business interest that is not outweighed by your privacy rights (for example, to provide customer service).
• It is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others (for example, we may collect or share Personal Information where necessary to resolve an urgent medical situation or protect the health or safety of one of our users or someone else).
Right to Access, Correct, Delete, or Restrict Processing
Subject to any limitations and exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information and exercise a number of rights:
• You have the right to correct or update certain types of Personal Information. In many cases, you can review or update your account information by accessing your account online.
• You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information. If you choose to have your Personal Information removed from our Service, we will carry out your request within 30 days of account verification, subject to extension, and will only retain minimal Personal Information to document your request and the actions we took to carry out your request.
• You have the right to restrict certain processing of your Personal Information, and the right to object to some types of processing of your Personal Information.
• You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, including objecting to your Personal Information being used for marketing or advertising purposes.
We will comply with your requests in accordance with, and subject to, applicable law. For example, we are not required to delete your Personal Information if it has an overriding legitimate ground for retaining that information such as to prevent fraud. Please note that we are legally prohibited from carrying out requested actions in some instances, including (a) when we are unable to confirm your identity; (b) where the request is considered excessive; and (c) where doing so would adversely affect the rights or freedoms of other individuals.
We Are Here to Help
Please email us at [email protected] with the subject line “Privacy” if you would like to exercise any of the rights described above or if you have questions regarding your rights.
Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, storage, or processing of your Personal Information with a data protection supervisory authority in the country where you live or work.
- ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following applies to California residents pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
• In the preceding 12 months, the Company has disclosed the categories of Personal Information listed in Section 3 above for business purposes.
• In the preceding 12 months, the Company has not sold Personal Information. The Company only discloses Personal Information to service providers.
• You have the right to request that the Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
o The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
o The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
o Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
o The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
o The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also known as a data portability request).
o If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (a) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (b) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
• You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
o Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide the Service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
o Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
o Debug the Service to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
o Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another user to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
o Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
o Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
o Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with user expectations based on your relationship with us.
o Comply with a legal obligation.
o Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you the Service.
• Charge you different prices or rates for the Service, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of the Service.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for the Service or a different level or quality of the Service.
Verifiable Consumer Requests
To exercise your rights described above, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line “Privacy”. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 30 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
586 S. Woodland Street
Orange, California, 92869 USA
Or by email: [email protected]