Safely reapply a chemical straightener
Relaxer Retouch Includes:
Just like blonding, when retouching relaxed hair, ensuring proper application to reduce overlapping and breakage is essential. In Relaxer Retouch, Greg Gilmore shares all the ins and outs to quickly and safely reapplying a chemical straightener to textured and coily hair. Whether you’re a newcomer or an industry veteran, Relaxer Retouch is sure to deliver you ample insight into the world of chemical straightening.
You Will Learn:
- How to properly retouch relaxed hair
- How to increase your revenue through comprehensive knowledge in chemical straightening
- The importance of protecting the scalp and applying the base
- Where to start application and why
- How to be thoughtful and organized in your application
- Ways to avoid over-processing and burning
- Proper rinsing and neutralization techniques
View All Courses
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Greg Gilmore has spent more than 18 years mastering the art of hair. At 15, Greg began assisting local Cleveland stylists. That passion led him to study with Paul Mitchell, L’Oréal Professionnel and Vidal Sassoon, earning him eight diplomas and mastery in cutting, coloring, education and textured hair.
Blow Magazine named Greg one of Cleveland’s top 50 stylists in 2008 and 2009. Greg has been a featured platform artist on multiple stages named Educator of the Year by Design Essentials three times. In addition, Greg has worked with celebrities including Toni Braxton, Nicole Ari Parker, Tami Roman, Tiffany Haddish, Storm Reid, among many others.
Greg prides himself on positively impacting every client, and his motto is “Progress toward a better tomorrow, one head at a time.” Currently, he is the Global Color Ambassador for Moroccanoil.